Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I really am a complete newby at running a server (miles away in a different country) and to Linux. I've got Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4. Having just put a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy GD2 in PHP 5.0.4

Hi,
    I really am a complete newby at running a server (miles away in a different country) and to Linux.
    I've got Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4.
    Having just put a new virtual server on that uses GD2, it reports that GD2 isn't there.
    In the phpinfo it says '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' which is as close to GD2 as I can find, but doesn't sound too hopefull.
    It also says additional ini files parsed:
    /etc/php.d/imap.ini, /etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini
    which explains why MySQL works.
    But how do I get GD2 in there as well?

Any nice simple help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Ron

Just Joined!
    Hey coomkeen, had a similar with problem with ubuntu. It showed that I GD2 installed but phpinfo wouldn't report. I needed php5-gd module (package )then it worked. BTW, don't forget to set switches in php.ini (extension=gd.so) if this is the distro you are using. Hope this helps.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for that.
    I don't think the GD package is installed though, as I can't find a gd.so file.

Where did you get your php5-gd module from?

Regards,
    Ron

Just Joined!

Smile

I used synaptic package manager search option to see if was installed. It wasn't listed as GD2 for file name but something like libgd2-? .That is what confused me as to why it wouldn't show in phpinfo. I then did a search (synaptic) for php5-gd and found package at ubuntu universe repository. Synaptic is the graphical version of apt package manager. Hope this helped.

Just Joined!
    Yes thanks. Not working yet, but think I'm on the trail. At least I've got a libgd.so file. Just got to get php to see it now.
    Thanks again.