Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Postfix actualy uses the same file /etc/aliases so I can use the same file. Well I'm going to try to find a plugin for Squerllmail so that users can cheuse ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix actualy uses the same file /etc/aliases so I can use the same file.
    Well I'm going to try to find a plugin for Squerllmail so that users can cheuse the email that they will send it form. I hope something like that exists for Squirllmail.

Just Joined!
    Ok I've done it. I found a cuple of plugins for Squirllmail that can read hostname and determin what domain ti use in the sent email and another plugin that alows you to login with user@domain insted of just user. But I haven't had the chance to try them.

Thanks for the help.

Just Joined!
    Ok I've got a new problem with Postfix, but so that I don't open a new thred I'll continue here.

The server recives mail no problem there. But it only recives mail on name@domain1 and not on name.surname@domain1 even thow I set tup the /etc/aliases username:
    Code:
    name@domain1,name.surname@domain,name@domain2,someothername@domain
    it just gives mi a message that the
    Code:
    Server replied: 550 <name.surname@domain1>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
    I was under the impression that to add an email just add it to the aliases file. But I don't know where I went wrong.

Anyone?

Thanks for the help

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I tryed
    Code:
    [root@localhost ~]# postconf |grep local_recipient_map
    local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
    proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks
    But I still don't know why username@domain works(even thow it is also an alias) and any other alias doesn't.

Any ideas anyone?

Hmm, you really should start a new thread if this is a new problem. Some experts who you'd need to look at this may not look this far down because the title no longer matches the query. Also, if someone is searching for an answer to the same problem, they'll have a lot of thread to wade through before they reach the answer they need.

My understanding of the aliases file is that it should be formatted like this:

Code:
    alias1:  unix_username
    alias2:  unix_username
    ...etc...
    So I could set up something like this:

Code:
    supercool.roxoff:  roxoff
    linuxguru:         roxoff
    and you can list multiple unix user names by comma seperation if you like. This would make linuxguru@roxoffs_domain.org pump email through to roxoff@roxoffs_domain.org.

It looks to me like you're trying to overcomplicate things, and Postfix is getting its knickers in a twist trying to understand.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2