Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I'm running postfix as a mta and dovecot as a ms and I also set up squirrelmail. Everything works great, users can logon and send and recive mail. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Squirrelmail login settings

Hi
    I'm running postfix as a mta and dovecot as a ms and I also set up squirrelmail. Everything works great, users can logon and send and recive mail. I even found a plugin for so that it detects the domain in the browser heder and sets the sending email to that address(webmial.something.com -> user@something.com and webmial.somethingelse.com -> user@somethingelse.com user is the same one). But the solution is also the problem. Curently all users can logon to any domain that is hosted and send email via that domani even if they can't recive mail on that domain. I would like to limit users so that they can logon and send emails form only specific domains and not all of them.
    Is ther any way of doing that or is ther any way of seting up squirrelmail so that users have tu logon like user@domain & pass and not like now just user & pass? And also limiting the logon to some domains.

Thanks for all your help

Could you do this with virtual domains? So you could have a seperate page of squirrelmail for each domain you're hosting (complete with it's own graphics and colour scheme) and then limit each one to the users that can make IP logins? I know my squirrelmail only allows certain users to log into it, but I use virtual hosts through apache to provide different web pages on my server.

If you did this, you could limit the sending address easily, and probably wouldn't need the domain re-writer module.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Roxoff I'm not sure if I understand how I shuld set everything up. So your are saysing that I shuld install one squirrlmail for each domain? And so users with user@domain1 woun't be able to log onto domain2/webmail? But how can I then set everything up so that one user can log onto some domains and not others. Becouse it is important so that some uers can use multiple domains and others my have access to only one.
    I mean with Kario mailserver it was relatvely simple you made a domain, added a user(local or virtual) and loged onto webmail via user@domain and if the domain contained a user they could log on if the username didn't have a usernam at that domain they couldn't logon. But here you only have to use a username without a domain to logon that's why I added a plugin so that squirrlmail detects what domain is used to access it and sends the email via that domain. But the problem is that all users can log onto any domain and send email from it(eve if they can't recive email on that domain).
    I just can't seem to figure this one out.

Thanks for the help

I was suggesting that you install a seperate Squirrelmail for each domain, but that clearly wont fit what you want.

It looks like what you're trying to give is beyond the boudaries of most simple mail software. Squirrelmail is configurable - you may be able to re-write sections of it to handle the complex stuff here - but it seems to fall short of your requirements.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Yes I can see that Squirrlmail is probably not the best choice for me, but I was thinking of using Hula Mailserver it looks just right. But I read someware that you can't import system users and I realy don't want to do everything twice and I would still like to use postfix.

Thanks anyway

I'll open a new thred with some questions about Hula if someone can help me.