I have just setup a new server with the latest version of CentOS.

I have setup Webmin, apache, php, mysql and named.

There is one domain setup on apache and one zone on named (for that domain).

Everything is working fine except the named process is using a hign amount of processing power for what it is setup with. The website gets about 20 unique visitors a day with maybe 500 page views.

This is the line from top:

Code:
  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                                
 4106 named     16   0 49060 3752 2200 S 22.3  0.2   1047:15 named
I do not even get this kinda cpu usage on a server running 200+ domains with 10000+ uniques a day!

Hopefully someone can shed some light on it. Here are the configs that I am using:

Here is the config file:

Code:
// Default named.conf generated by install of bind-9.2.4-2
options {
	directory "/var/named";
	dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
	statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
	recursion no;
};
include "/etc/rndc.key";

zone "ecsa-clan.com" {
	type master;
	file "/var/named/domain.com";
	};
And here is the domain.com config:

Code:
$ttl 38400
domain.com.	IN	SOA	ns1.domain.com. email.domain.com. (
			1152047685
			10800
			3600
			604800
			38400 )
domain.com.	IN	NS	ns1.domain.com.
domain.com.	IN	NS	ns2.domain.com.
domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.33.187
ns1.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.33.188
ns2.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.33.189
www.domain.com.	IN	CNAME	domain.com.
forums.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.33.187
www.forums.domain.com.	IN	CNAME	forums.domain.com.
standard.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.41
fun.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.42
surf.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.43
rpg.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.44
zombie.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.45
match.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.40
test.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.39
vent.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.53.40

rusty.domain.com.	IN	A	x.x.x.154
www.rusty.domain.com.	IN	CNAME	rusty.domain.com.