Find the answer to your Linux question:
Trying to migrate from PC to FC5. Just installed Apache, but cannot start service - got this message http://192.168.1.100:80 is outside the appropriate range (i.e., 1..65535). What I'm doing wrong ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Outside the appropriate range???

Trying to migrate from PC to FC5. Just installed Apache, but cannot start service - got this message

http://192.168.1.100:80 is outside the appropriate range (i.e., 1..65535).

What I'm doing wrong and what's needed to be done to correct the situation.
    Thanks

somewhere in your config you have the actual URL.. shouldn't be that way.. define your ip addresss, and then define your port... the damon will put them together for you.

Just Joined!
    forgottentq, it works well. thanks for the tip. have more problems, though. when connecting to ip everything is fine, but when try to connect to a site name (dyndns - mysite.shacknet.nu), it refuses to connect. ddclient is installed and running (and hopefuly properly configured).

this should be fairly simple... does your dyndns addy resolve to your proper ip address? Can you ping it? The only thing that i can think of that would be screwing this up temporarily is that dns servers all over the place havn't yet updated the ip address for your entry.. making it seem like its not working.. but if it works thru ip addy then u just either gotta wait for it to update or fix it so it's the correct ip address.. Apache doesn't sound like the problem.

Just Joined!
    forgottentq,
    I'll look into it when find some time (in process of moving now - crazy house). Still glad apache's ok.