Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here is the command that I'm using in my inetd.conf file. Code: cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/cvs -f --allow root=/var/lib/cvs pserver I am currently usigng slackware 9.1. Iwant to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Starting up a cvs pserver

Here is the command that I'm using in my inetd.conf file.
    Code:
    cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    -f --allow root=/var/lib/cvs pserver
    I am currently usigng slackware 9.1.

Iwant to set up the pserver to be interfaced with a windows box. I have cvsnt installed on the windows box. Right now when I try to connect to my linux box It just hangs and does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx Bignester.
    The computer made me do it!! Slackware and SUSE too Gig\'em WHOOOOP!!
    \"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of tasks, At the rate I\'m going I will never die.\" (I don\'t know)

Linux Guru
    is the cvs pserver listening on a TCP port? (2401 by default i think).

Do you have SSH running as well? (port 22).

You can check using netstat:
    Code:
    netstat -ant | grep 0.0.0.0:2401
    Are you able to successfully SSH to the linux machine from the WinXP box?

Jason

flw
    Linux Engineer
    I want to set up the pserver to be interfaced with a windows box. I have cvsnt installed on the windows box. Right now when I try to connect to my linux box It just hangs and does nothing.
    Did it ever work properly? Also as a quick thing to trying, have your attemped to just use your win box as your print server instead? just a path of least resistance thing.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux User
    I ran netstat and here is what I got

Code:
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2401            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    When I said pserver I meant the cvs pserver. If I'm wrong as in what this is please tell me. I'm under the impression that this will allow me to connect with a windows box and use the cvs server. Which is what I want to do.

Yes I can ssh into my linux box using putty. Is there a way to use putty with the cvs server.

thanx for any help
    bignester.
    \"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of tasks, At the rate I\'m going I will never die.\" (I don\'t know)

Linux User
    I got something working with tortoiseCVS on my windows machine and it can connect to my server at home. But now when I downloaded one of my projects my pics where all screwed up. One didn't even download the others had colors that where all messed up. How can I fixe this.

Thanx for reading

Bignester.

Linux Guru
    when you "cvs add" a file to your cvs repository, if it is basically "non text" use the -b flag to tell CVS this is a binary file.

eg: cvs add -b filename.jpg

text files, source code etc etc can be added normally (eg: cvs add filename.php)

How you get the file back i dont know, do you have another copy somewhere?

Jason

Linux User
    Yeah I have plenty of copies. So can I do this when I create a new project within the repository, or should I add the pictures lator.

Thanx for your help.

bignester