Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I just configured and started (successfully) a pure-ftpd server on my Fedora Core 5 PC. At the time of configuration I restricted the number of users to 5. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Red face pure-ftpd reset some settings after PC restart

Hi all

I just configured and started (successfully) a pure-ftpd server on my Fedora Core 5 PC. At the time of configuration I restricted the number of users to 5. It worked very well .... till I rebooted. Once I rebooted, I found that the server, though still working, had set the maximum number of users to 1 automatically, even though the configuration file specifies it to be 5. I even stopped and started the server using:
    pure-config.pl /etc/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.conf
    But the number of users is still limited to one. I checked the command line generated by the pure-config.pl script
    /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd -A -c5 -B -C1 -D -E -fftp -H -I5 -lunix -L7500:8 -m4 -p6001:6002 -s -T4096 -U133:022 -u500 -i -Oclf:/var/log/pureftpd.log -k99 -Z
    The -c5 part explicitly tells pure-ftpd to limit the number of users to 5. Can you tell me how to proceed with solving this problem?

Also, I need to know where from the default PureFTP banner (given below) is generated.
    220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
    220-You are user number 1 of 1 allowed.
    220-Local time is now 13:49. Server port: 21.
    220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
    220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
    220 You will be disconnected after 5 minutes of inactivity.
    Regards,

eAragorn

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by eAragorn
    Also, I need to know where from the default PureFTP banner (given below) is generated.
    eAragorn
    If are willing to hide the default banner in pure-ftpd, I think you many need to compile it with customized options.

I have solved the problem of 'only single user allowed'. Somehow (i don't know the reason absolutely!) I got rid of the problem by removing the restriction on the number of ports on which I permit a FTP connection.

Still working on the banner thing though.

Thanks

eAragorn

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close