Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there any way to access samba, or even my network at home, from my computer at work? I know this is a vauge question. I am able to access ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

access samba from web?

Is there any way to access samba, or even my network at home, from my computer at work? I know this is a vauge question. I am able to access my box via SSH from a remote location, but thats about it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Linux Enthusiast
    How about Secure Copy. If not, how about VPN or a remote terminal using FreeNX?

My personal solution is to use key-only SSH and forward all port traffic for other stuff over that (including my web proxy, so if I need to look at anything on ebay or on recruitment agency websites without being tracked by the company proxy, I can)

I use VNC on my LAN and view remotely at work, I can also use rsync and I tried FreeNX, but that likes to make its own connections, so I went back to VNC.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    I really like FreeNX since you only have to open one port for both SSH and FreeNX as well as the certificate based encryption. Just my opinion. I don't have to worry too much about the corporate proxy since I'm the Systems Administrator