Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have search google for about 30 minutes looking for the answer and cnanot find it. Q: What exactly does the squidGuard aduio-video block? I can access video.google.com, youtube.com, launch.yahoo.com, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

squidGuard blacklist question

I have search google for about 30 minutes looking for the answer and cnanot find it.

Q: What exactly does the squidGuard aduio-video block?
    I can access video.google.com, youtube.com, launch.yahoo.com, and download .mpg .avi and .mp3 files. So what exactly does it do?

I don't think those are in the lists by default.

to see what is in there you can go to the blacklists
    usually /var/lib/squidguard/blacklists/audit-video/ and open the domains file and then the url file to see whats in it.

I prefer to setup webmin and let webmin manage my squid and squidguard. the webmin squid module is a default but the squidguard can be installed from this website http://www.niemueller.de/webmin/modules/squidguard/

that is the easist way to manage stuff like your blacklists, you can browse and edit to your liking.

also check your squidguard.conf to make sure it is blocking audio-video. if video.google.com and youtube are in your blacklists already then you need to check error logs.

report back with problems.

Just Joined!

Smile

Found it in /var/ipcop/urlfilter/blacklists

Thanks for your help!

Jason