Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm trying to set up my Postfix server as a mail gateway sort of thing. I want all mail coming to my domain to go through my Postfix ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix on SuSe 9.0

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my Postfix server as a mail gateway sort of thing. I want all mail coming to my domain to go through my Postfix server first, before it goes to my primary mail server. I currently have mail going to the postfix server, but its not forwarding the mail to my primary mail server. It checks the local user database, finds that the users aren't listed, and just rejects the email. Is there anyway I can just tell the postfix server to just forward the email to my primary mailserver, regardless of who the recipient is? Thanx in advance.

Howard

Linux Newbie

Re: Postfix on SuSe 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by hcyuan
    Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my Postfix server as a mail gateway sort of thing. I want all mail coming to my domain to go through my Postfix server first, before it goes to my primary mail server. I currently have mail going to the postfix server, but its not forwarding the mail to my primary mail server. It checks the local user database, finds that the users aren't listed, and just rejects the email. Is there anyway I can just tell the postfix server to just forward the email to my primary mailserver, regardless of who the recipient is? Thanx in advance.

Howard

noob question. What is a postfix server or mail gateway and why would you want to do this? Block junk mail? Be your own email provider?

You don't have to answer if you don't want.

DrCR

flw
    Linux Engineer
    per http://www.postfix.org/

What is Postfix? It is Wietse Venema's mailer that started life as an alternative to the widely-used Sendmail program.

Postfix attempts to be fast, easy to administer, and secure, while at the same time being sendmail compatible enough to not upset existing users. Thus, the outside has a sendmail-ish flavor, but the inside is completely different.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Newbie
    Thanks!

DrCR