Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently trying to get mailscanner to run with postfix. I have a few problems. 1. The install script did not work for me, it won't install the perl ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix with MailScanner Problem

I am currently trying to get mailscanner to run with postfix. I have a few problems.

1. The install script did not work for me, it won't install the perl rpms so I installed them from cspan. I do not think this is the problem.

2. In my mail log I can see were the mail gets check and forwarded, but when I get the email all I get is a question mark and no other information.
    I checked the mail error log and I get this error message:

Mar 7 17:22:42 server MailScanner[3666]: File containing list of incoming queue dirs (/var/spool/postfix.in/deferred) does not exist
    Mar 7 17:22:52 server postfix: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 255 with signal 0

I don't if this is my problem or not. I have heard this was easy to install, but I have been scratching my head for days on this one. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Bill

Just Joined!
    Anyone have any ideas?

Just Joined!
    Finally 100% fixed and working. It turns out there might be something wrong with the mandrake cooker postfix 2.1. I installed version 2.013 from it 9.2 mirror and everything works great.