Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good day, I am running Debian Sarge with Postfix 2.1. Every four days or so, the server will lock up and become unresponsive. I can't even log in to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Postfix 2.1 Lockup

Good day,

I am running Debian Sarge with Postfix 2.1. Every four days or so, the server will lock up and become unresponsive. I can't even log in to the console when this happens. We have been forced to give it the "one finger salute" to reboot the box, which in turn is causing file system corruption. I have reviewed the /var/log/syslog but don't see anything other than normal mail events being logged up to the time the system hangs. The next event recorded after that is the system restart.

Help!

Just Joined!
    OK, it locked up again this morning, but I was able to record some errors off the terminal screen this time. Again, nothing is reported to the syslog of any consequence prior to the lock up:

Code:
    [<C01010d3>] cpu_idele+0x33/0x50
    [<C035e845>] start_kernal+0x175/0x1e0
    [<C035e390>] unknown_boot option
    <0> Kernal Panic - not syncing: fatal exception in interrupt
    Has anyone seen anything like this before? I have a feeling it is hardware related, but this server is a homebuilt (don't even get me started on that one) and does not have any built-in H/W diagnostics.

I'd really appreciate some help with this one.

Just Joined!

Exclamation

This is happening about every four days. It is really frustrating.

Has no one seen this before?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close