Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am using linux firewall through webmin and I would like to setup the linux firewall (IP Tables) where my dedicated server only accepts traffic from one ip for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help to set up firewall on web min...Urgent

Hi

I am using linux firewall through webmin and I would like to setup the linux
    firewall (IP Tables) where my dedicated server only accepts traffic from one
    ip for example ip 123.123.123.123 (example), so in webmain how would I set
    it up?

So anybody has configured it through IPtable then please let me know about it.

Setting up IPtables through webmin can be problematic. One wrong number and you can no longer access the machine...

But my solution was to set up an old PC and put the Smoothwall firewall package on it; configuration was really easy, 'cos the IP tables stuff is already configured, you just need to tell it what IP addresses to use and where to forward ports. I think mine runs on a P150 with 96Mb of RAM and a 10Gb hard disk ('cos the 850Mb hard disk died...).
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Thnks a lot for help...

Mine problem is I am having a havvy traffic on my server as many other sites are litching my SWF files..I need to hotlink them..

but I have all my SWF file on one server & my other site is using them from this server so I need to configured firewall such tht only IP of my this site ll be allowed to access anything rest of the IPs shld be blocked.

I m just a new bie to this so can you please give me exact info on this how can you configure this which type of command you need to run...

lol, yes, I use Smoothwall to do that too... I limit access to certain ports so they can only be used from a particular IP address.

The good news for me (and bad news for you, I'm afraid) is that I dont have to be an expert in IPtables to do this. I cant, therefore, help you. But I did propose a different solution.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/