Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, if i have a web site hosted on a dedicated server with 2 hard drives, is it possible any time in real world that both the hard drives are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Can database server extract data from two different servers easily?

hi,

if i have a web site hosted on a dedicated server with 2 hard drives, is it possible any time in real world that both the hard drives are completely full? if so, what can be done considering the fact that the server can have a max of 2 hard drives at a time? if so then, can another server with a larger capacity hard drive of more hard drives be connected to the original server? can these two servers also be connected? how easy it is for a database server like mysql or oracle to put together data from two different hard drives on the same server of two different servers when users request some data online? thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    Got me confused??? What you are seeking is a server cluster and yes, this is possible with MySQL and Oracle.

.... take a breath tech291083 !

server 1.. harddisks full, sever can have only 2 disks at a time. you wanna connect this server to server 2 for data sharing.

yes ! its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tech291083
    how easy it is for a database server like mysql or oracle to put together data from two different hard drives on the same server of two different servers when users request some data online? thanks

frankly, i am confused here... you can use MySQL or Oracle to fetch data from different disks...

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Linux Newbie
    hi,

thanks both of you. in simple terms all i wanted to ask was the possibility of data sharing. you have answered the questions correctly any way. i am sorry i got you confused. thanks a lot. i continue to be a pain to people.