Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I`m having a problem here. I have a server and it use for webhosting. And my server its been spam and the connection its very slow and the customer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Delete Spam On Server

Hello, I`m having a problem here. I have a server and it use for webhosting. And my server its been spam and the connection its very slow and the customer can`t send and receiving email. Could you help me to deleting the spam from my server??Thank you for the solution.

Thanks..
    -JG-

Linux Enthusiast
    SpamAssasin will filter SMTP as well as any number of applications.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98
    SpamAssasin will filter SMTP as well as any number of applications.
    Hello, yes i did. But the smapassassin its not very efective. I get 1000 mail in 1/2 hour. I have to shutdown my server...The customer very angry, oohh..god..its just a small business...my sidejob...its webhost..could you give me another solution?How to clean the spam that already stick in my server?

Regards
    -JG-

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jagernout
    Hello, yes i did. But the smapassassin its not very efective. I get 1000 mail in 1/2 hour. I have to shutdown my server...The customer very angry, oohh..god..its just a small business...my sidejob...its webhost..could you give me another solution?How to clean the spam that already stick in my server?

Regards
    What MTA is running on the server? I just went through this with my server. Once we help you with deleting the current messages in the MTA queue you will probably want to set up some sort of authentication for the MTA (as well as setting it up properly, if you have not done so). This will prevent the server from becomming a spam relay again (assuming that is the current issue).

I`m using Sendmail and the WebMail using Squirrelmail...I`ve tried to filtering the spam mail but its useless...could you tell me the steps to handling this problem. Thank You very much....

Regards,
    -JG-

Just Joined!
    I am not familiar with sendmail. What I had to do with Exim4 is to find the folder where it stores queued messages. From there I just deleted all of the messages in the folders (Since I knew they were all spam).

Before you do that you might as well issue a "killall sendmail" (as root or sudo) to kill all of the sendmail processes. This will stop the server from sending the queued spam, until you restart the server.

Hello, Okay thanks for the advices. Perhaps I will changed the MTA to EXIM. May I ask a question, I need the AntiSpam software(open source) Could you advice the sites that provides the application?Because I`m using the SpamAssassin(Linux Default) and it`s not very efective, the mail spam still can trough the filter. Thanks Before....

Regards,
    -JG-