Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Apache Virtual Domain and Sync Servers

I have RedHat Linux 9.0 installed with Apache on 2 Servers. I want to host 2 sites on a Single Server and make sure that 1 Server is in the Datacentre and other server at the Development Lab. I want to run a Cron Job between the two servers at an interval of 30 Min and made sure that once i update the Development Lab Server, then the Datacentre Server would be updated in 30 min according to the cron job.

Q1: Would like to host two Websites on a Single Server. If any one could share the procedure for installation, step by step.

Q2: Would like to know what is CVS(Concurrent Versioning System) and how does it work? The Question I am trying to post here is I want to Sync 2 servers across WAN.

Q3. How would one create a Cron Executed Script for Sync the 2 servers together or probably a Cron Job? Can anyone share the script or send it via e-mail.

Vleuten, The Netherlands

Answer 1: Read here
    And or Here.

Answer 2: Read Here and choose : Manual.

Answer 3: Just create a bash script that tars the whole dir, uploads it through ftp, and sends remote system calls to unpack it.
    To enable it through Cron. Create a scheduled cron job that executes the script.

On how to write this type of script: Use Google.
    For remote system calls use the: rsc command
    On writing bash scripts: Try O ' Reilly and google.
    On cron jobs: google.
    For remote backup: example: here
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Linux User
    for the 3'rd option you would be better off, running rsync over ssh since it'll sync only those files that have been modified. Its a simple process and does not require that many configuration changes either.
    Fixing Unix is better than working with Windows.

4. $spacer_open