Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, We are planning to install a million account-open source e-mail system.Which one do you think is the best in terms of performance and scalability? postfix,qmail,exim or sendmail? Are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

qmail,postfix or sendmail?which one is suitable for multi-server large mail system?

Hi everyone,

We are planning to install a million account-open source e-mail system.Which one do you think is the best in terms of performance and scalability? postfix,qmail,exim or sendmail? Are there anyone dealing with these size of mail system?

I have heard a project being realized with 11 IBM e-series servers and they use postfix.

I need assistance about this topic.If you are an expert on this topic and realized a project about it please mail me: murattas6@gmail.com

thanks!!

I use postfix myself and have never tried qmail but I dislike sendmail, This is what i followed and there are different HOWTO you there but --> MTA howto for Archlinuxl
    Also Postfix has had no crashes or chokes.. My server has only been up for six months. Thats when i decided I wanted my own

Just Joined!

qmail,postfix or sendmail?which one is suitable for multi-server large mail system?

hi richiefrich,

What is the capacity (# of users and connection rate) of your system?

How many servers did you use to utilize it?

Thanks for your reply..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If it were me, I'd do a test install and config of both qmail and postfix. Sendmail does have some security issues that you probably dont want to bring to your network.

They should both be fully capable of dealing with heavy load, so it's really a matter of which you find easiest to configure. Like I said, try them both.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Weekly News recently had a comparison of four mail transfer agents. It's a two-part story. See part 1 here and part 2 here.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!

traffic generating script

ok I will try both..

But to simulate the real environment I need a script generating mail traffic via smtp,pop3 etc.It should send mails with attachment.

Do you know any script doing these?