Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am in a company that has Citrix running on W2K Adv Server as Terminal server to distribute Crystal Reports to 20 users. The reseller that put us on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Citrix Alternative?

Hi, I am in a company that has Citrix running on W2K Adv Server as Terminal server to distribute Crystal Reports to 20 users. The reseller that put us on to Citrix is now saying we have to spend a crazy amount of money on 2 new servers to support Citrix. I am looking for a reliable alternative. Is it possible to distribute the Crystal Reports on a Linux platform? Any help is appreciated!

Linux User
    It looks like it only runs on Windows. This if from thier website.

http://support.businessobjects.com/l...s/c2011814.asp

I would do some google searchs to find an alternative.

Linux User

other ways

ok. first thing. using citrix as a thin client solution / terminal server - yes? why? you have a win2k server, crystal reports can run on the windows clients and access a network dbase like oracle, SQL server or even MS Access ( on a shared drive). so 20 crystal reports licenses are probably cheaper than one citrix setup. Also might want to check that using the terminal server type setup might mean that you only have one valid crystal reports license - oops!

if you want to move away from this. I believe Kugar on KDE is a simliar alternative although its not particularly intuitive. and the dbase must be accessible from the linux box. Whats the dbase in?

Alternative, create or pay someone to create a web based reporting system that accesses your dbase for you - host the lot on a linux box. just a thought! If you like this idea, my company does this kind of thing. I imagine a few other people on this forum do the same! kriszani@iscavision.com
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.