Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi @ all! First of all I'm close to be a completly Noob to Linux and Apache I'm running Suse 9.0 Pro and followed the install routines to set up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Document Root @ Apache 2 on Suse 9.0

hi @ all!

First of all I'm close to be a completly Noob to Linux and Apache

I'm running Suse 9.0 Pro and followed the install routines to set up Apache 2 as localhost. I tried to change the DOCUMENT_ROOT to /windows/....
    Well Yast told me that this would be the directory where i should post my web documents. Well i think that I'm still docked in the default directory because i see the Apache default-page.

Plz help me!

Greetings DJ

Linux Newbie
    I never saw the document root of /windows myself... The usual documents root (atleast to my knowledge) is /var/www/html. To get rid of the Apache pages in there, remove any pages already in there, and input your own pages into that directory.
    If you love something, emerge it

Just Joined!
    hi!

My Linux is a secondary OS. I created a partition in NTFS-format where my web documents are in.
    I think Samba mounted this partition at /windows/....

I'm running an Apache Server on Win XP which Document root is this partition. And i want to work on the same files. That's why i need to set the localhost at /windwos....

I deleted all standard files. =>
    "
    Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

localhost
    Sat Mar 20 08:41:09 2004
    Apache/2.0.48 (Linux/SuSE)
    "

I dont know, if I'm docked in the old directory,..., or if my new DOCUMENT_ROOT is unaccessable.