Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hey wassup guys? my site is pretty fast, but when 200 people or more join, it gets so slowwww... any suggestions? where can i start looking? i have no idea ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

My server gets so slow after 200 or so people log on...

hey wassup guys? my site is pretty fast, but when 200 people or more join, it gets so slowwww... any suggestions? where can i start looking? i have no idea what may be causing this at all. Please reply.

Cesar.

Linux User
    Slow connection?

Just Joined!
    no, when opening the pages at my site... they load so slow. I'm using php and mysql for it. Any suggestions?

Just Joined!
    But if you are at the console doing a local viewing of the page, does it load slow then too? Or just when remote? Monitor the network traffic, if 200 people are downloading images etc, it's going to be a drain on your bandwidth if you don't have a fast enough pipe.

Just Joined!
    Ok thanks, so how do I monitor network traffic? and what do you mean by a fast enough pipe? please help...

A pipe is the connection, You can also get monitoring software depends on your setup.

Just Joined!
    what connection is that specifically? of the server to the network? and whats the best software (easiest to use) out there? what should i be looking for in those monitoring programs?

A pipe is a connection thats it just a connection it could be your internet connection or your network connection depends on the context in what you say it is.

Just Joined!
    Oh ok... so how would i increase the speed of the connection? how can i monitor traffic and what should i be looking for exactly? any ideas?

Well to increse the speed of your connection(pipe) you would contact your ISP and ask them for a new package which offers better upstream. And there are lots off things you can do to monitor traffic using SNMP comes to mind but it can be insecure if not implemeted correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast