Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a total newbie to Linux having only used it for a number of weeks and have been working on a php script for web hosting, it was originally ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    ric
    Just Joined!

Internal Server Error

I am a total newbie to Linux having only used it for a number of weeks and have been working on a php script for web hosting, it was originally done for windows but I was asked for I copy that would work under Linux so I reworked it.

The script that requires the directory where it is installed to be chmodded to 0777 so that it can created sub-directories when required and I have the script working under SUSE 10.1 with Apache 2. One of my users has a copy of the script installed on his server but if he forgets to log out and then trys to login again he gets an Internal Server Error, if he chmods the install directory to 0755 he has no error but the script then cannot create the sub-directoy when it is asked to. Any help on what could be wrong would be appreciated, his system details are;

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
    MySQL version 5.0.27-standard
    PHP version 5.1.6
    PERL version 5.8.5
    Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
    Machine Type i686

Just Joined!
    am not sure the issue unless I see logs but it most probably a permission issue. Try chmod most of dir in to 777 for now and see what happens.

ric
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply. Got my user chmod a folder to 0777 and run a test file (phpinfo), still the same problem. Turns out his host will not allow any files/folders to to be set to 077 and have the server set to error if 0777 set, he's now looking at a new host.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    do you use mod-rewrite? i am 100% sure that mostly Internal server problem is caused by incorrect directive in .htaccess file. double check your .htaccess file. There should be some error.

Linux Newbie
    Yes check it..
    Unix, Linux tips...