Results 1 to 3 of 3
I'm already learning Apache, I don't think I can take the time to learn ProFTPD. Are there any gui FTP servers for Linux? I've googled and can't seem to find ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 12-11-2006 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
I'm already learning Apache, I don't think I can take the time to learn ProFTPD.
Are there any gui FTP servers for Linux? I've googled and can't seem to find any.
I just need something like Filezilla for linux. There are plenty of Ftp servers with gui's for windows.
How come not linux grr...
- 12-14-2006 #2
The konqueror file browser.
It works same as Total Commander's FTP. Split the konqueror's screen into 2 sides. Type to the location area the name of the ftp server, where you want to upload your files expl.: ftp://nameof.your.server
- 12-15-2006 #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
VirgoFTP is an FTP GUI based on SWT. VirgoFTP provides a CuteFTP-like interface for users who turn from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
Here are some key features of "VirgoFTP":
· A "true" Universal FTP Client. VirgoFTP can be installed and run on a wide variety of platforms such as Linux ,Mac OS ,Solaris.
· VirgoFTP allows you to work with multiple FTP sites simultaneously. Each session will create a new Tab making it easy to switch between sessions.such like CuteFTP in Microsoft Windows flatform.
· Support RFC959 protocol.
· VirgoFTP support SOCKS proxy(version 5),and HTTP proxy, including authentication.
· Support muliple transfer thread when transfer directories.
· Resuming of interrupted binary transfers supported.
· Passive and active modes are supported (PASV and PORT).
· Support FXP , can auto manager the transfer between two standard FTP Server.