Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im looking for a system backup program that will copy my entire hardrive to another. I currently have a backup program but it only copyes files and directories under / ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Good Backup Program

Im looking for a system backup program that will copy my entire hardrive to another.

I currently have a backup program but it only copyes files and directories under / but wont copy any of the mounted partitions.

Does anybody know of a program that will completly backup everything on my hard drive and store it on my secondary hard drive?

i usually back up whole disk through PartImage. there might be other methods.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I tried that one, but I get errors when trying to install so it fails.

Anyothers, Im running Centos 4.4

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    where are you getting errors? during PartImage install or the image created through it? what errors?

Casper

Just Joined!
    during the install of partimage, i didnt write down the errors though sorry.

i am using Austrumi LiveCD. it has Partimage package and its very easy to create images and install those later on. Austrumi's size is around 50MB. its in Latvija Language but you can select English in its Menu.

Casper