Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok I have ProFTPD installed. I have 3 users setup for now that can login upload and download files. I am having issues finding information on this that I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ProFTPD Help

Ok I have ProFTPD installed. I have 3 users setup for now that can login upload and download files. I am having issues finding information on this that I can digest so here are a couple questions that I have:

1. How do I set it up where I can view/manipulate all files on the FTP server from my user account?

2. I have symbolic links that point to two directories on the server. They contain information that people can get to based on their group. However, when they go up a level they can get to any folder that they choose. Is there a way to only allow them to see the information in those folders? (is this where the .ftpaccess file comes into play?)

Just to give a lil more information.

The following file folders exsist on the server

/home/<user account> - Users have full control (Want my user account to have full control as well.)
    /var/ftp/in - inbound information (Users can upload/my account full control)
    /var/ftp/out - downloadable content (Users can download/my account full control)
    /var/ftp/images - images for other use (Specific Group Access/my account full control)

Outside of the above folders I want users to have no access. If I have full access outside the folder structure that is fine, but it is not a must.

Thanks in advance for your help

Grim

Just Joined!
    Sorry I missed that on my first search. I will have to try that and see if it will lock them in there, but allow for them to follow a symlink to another folder that I want them to be able to get to.

Thanks

Grim

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    That worked. However, just so others may know. You have to mount directories in the folder using mount --bind. That way they can get to the other folders as needed. Symlinks will give errors when jailed into the home directory.