Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new here... so hello everybody I'm having some troubles with my home samba configuration. User/pass entered in the win cliente are rejected. Some details: - SMB server is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot access Samba services from Windows XP Home

Hi,

I'm new here... so hello everybody

I'm having some troubles with my home samba configuration. User/pass entered in the win cliente are rejected. Some details:

- SMB server is running on Ubuntu 6.10
    - With current configuration I can access SMB services from mac, but not from Windows.
    - All computers are on the same Workgroup.

I bet there is something wrong with the password synchronization... but I cannot get the solution as long as I'm able to log with this user from a mac machine.

I'm trying to add the smb.conf and user.log but the forum system always ask me to remove attached images????

Many thanks!!!!!

Tedi

Just Joined!

Smile

hi

i had this problem and there is a registry setting that needs a bit of tweaking.

HKLM\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\pa rameters

change

requiresignorseal from 1 to 0

see if that helps

kobus

Just Joined!
    I made the change but still does not work I noticed something strange... when browsing the workgroup list, if the Ubuntu server appears in the list, the mac client doesn't and when the mac cliente appears the Ubuntu server is not present... :S

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close