Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im sorry about the double post but i need this question answered asap so i can start to get my site up and running.... Video server Hello folks Happy new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video Server

Im sorry about the double post but i need this question answered asap so i can start to get my site up and running....

Video server
    Hello folks Happy new year!!! Well starting this year i will be getting into web streaming and i need to know will,

2x AMD MP 1800+,1G of DDR266 running on a Tyan 2462 MOBO be able to handle running a Video Streaming server!!And if so at what point do you think the load will be much!!!At 1st i will be doing this from home untill traffic picks up then transfer to hosting site!

Im planning on raiding my H.D`s on a Raid-5 now this mobo is a bit out dated and has to onboard raid,so what controler card will you guys suggest??Im thinking a 3ware?

I need to get these details out the way ASAP if not then i have to build a new system if this one cant handle the load,Im pretty sure im going to have to UP the RAM to 2-3G`s but i would love some news that the CPU/MOBO can stay!!!

Thanks guy

oz
    forum.guy
    Please don't double post, as it's against the forum rules. You can bump your other thread occasionally to get better exposure.

Locking this thread...

ozar
    oz