Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello pips! i just did an OpenVPN setup and everyting is fine. i can connect to my Office LAN without a problem and Samba takes care of accessing the shares. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

TAP-Win32 adapter only @ 10Mbps

hello pips!

i just did an OpenVPN setup and everyting is fine. i can connect to my Office LAN without a problem and Samba takes care of accessing the shares. now what i'm wondering is why the virtual adapter says it's only connected @ 10Mbps. in effect accessing the shares is very slow. am i missing something? the OpenVPN configuration doesn't say anything about this? i am using the OpenVPN client for Windows. at this rate, no matter how strong the Internet connection is from client to server (and VV) it wouldn't really matter, right?

any suggestions guys? can i bump it up to 100Mbps perhaps?
    Registered User #345074

Linux User
    ack, the 10Mbps on the virtual adapter doesn't matter! it's a thing of the past .. . it should be running at the same speed of the physical adapter. hehehe.. .
    Registered User #345074

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by xylex_blaiste View Post
    ack, the 10Mbps on the virtual adapter doesn't matter! it's a thing of the past .. . it should be running at the same speed of the physical adapter. hehehe.. .
    Obviously Its does because I have the same problem this is a serious shortcoming of openvpn and the tap win 32 bit adapter should be reprogrammed to connect at least 100mbit. I have a 40mbit a second down connection I have tested my internet at speed servers all over the country and get 30 to 40 mbit down, but with open vpn connected I only get around 10mbit a second sometimes slightly more. I am also curious do other vpn options also use this tap win32 adapter? Like PPTP?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close