Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am working with Novell eDirectory and have developed application to migrate data from Novell eDirectory to other directory / database. My directory is having huge data and I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to Keep track of deleted entries in Novell?

I am working with Novell eDirectory and have developed application to migrate data from Novell eDirectory to other directory / database.

My directory is having huge data and I am doing synchronization / migration of that data to another directory server / Database.
    Now, for the first time I will migrate all the entries from source to destination. But from second time onwards,
    I am doing "incrementatal synchronization" , that is, synchronize only those entries which are modified / added / deleted.

Now suppose my application ( which is doing migration from source to destination ) goes down, and meanwhile some entries got deleted in source. By that time, my application comes up, now how can I get those deleted entries?
    Is there any way, you are aware of?
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me out...IT'S A CRITICAL ISSUE.

Well I think I've done this before but my netware test server is down... will be for a couple days. If your post is unanswered by then, I will try to give you an answer.

Just Joined!

Reply Please

I am waiting for your reply...as you told me that will let me know after couple of days..
    I am still searching for solution...it will be best if you can give me some guidance...

It's still down- new rack is being put in there so everything has been taken out of there. One of my co workers has one in his office I think, I'll see when he gets back from lunch. Two questions;

Did you purge any of those volumes?

Are you using backup software for your directory?

I just took a look and it seems like salvage only works on file objects. I think your best bet is to use some eDirectory backup software before you do the migration, or re-think your current plan.

Just Joined!
    I can't Back up my data before migration....Can I go for one the follwoing?

1. IDM
    2. Ensure Audit

Which one should I use to solve the problem?

Not sure how identity management would help on this one; nsure might be able to keep track of deletions, however I don't think it can recover anything you've lost. Knowing that you've lost it isn't going to do much if you don't have your data backed up. I've never used Nsure, sorry if I can't be more specific.