Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
and how would i do that?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

and how would i do that?

How do you connect your intranet to the net? Have you got a router?

Yes I have a wireless router. My Linux machine is not connected by wire to the router, but uses a NETGEAR MA101 to connect to it. My router is a NETGEAR MR814

Linux User
    On my Linksys router it's called a "DMZ Zone" and you enter the IP Address of the machine you want to have open to the world. But be aware that the machine is now open to attack from anybody and anything on the internet. Make sure that you do some security precautions (check here and/or google for some basic steps). Once entered to the dmz zone you can access it from the IP Address of the linksys (or netgear in your case) router rather than the internal to your house 192.168.0.7 (or something) that your PC has.

Also you might want to chek out dynamic dns (do a google search for it) so that you can tell your friends to go to mypc.net (or something) rather than an IP Address that will, I assume, change over time because you use dhcp from your ISP.

SUCCESS!!! i correctly configured my router, by using port fowarding and boom, it works! thanks everyone for ur help! if u wanna see what I have host there check out http://darkauralabs.no-ip.info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2