Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have MySQL installed on my computer, not i have it setup to load at boot time, and it will do this after setting upt the network. However, in booting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need help with MySQL Server

I have MySQL installed on my computer, not i have it setup to load at boot time, and it will do this after setting upt the network. However, in booting it says it failed to load the MySQL server, but when i try accessing it, it's up and running. Now i guess this means that it IS running, but something that doesn't stop it from running has failed. Where can i find what's gone wrong? I have not managed to get MySQL running AT ALL! and it's beginning to annoy both me and my mate who are completely stumped on this one!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Check your log files to see what processes failed during boot. It should be in /var/log/messages (for syslogd).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

There's nothing in /var/log/messages as to the MySQL Server, and i have tried all the MySQL log files themselves, and i jus can't understand em at all.

I've got a similar/the same problem with a server I'm administrating, thought I get some error in iirc (/var/log/mysqld.log.1) about some inodb related error, and it's says something about adding a some "skip-" line to the config file but that's doesn't work for me.
    Maybe it's an bug? (ie the error is a false alarm)
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

What's the latest version of MySQL that works then? I may downgrade if older versions work for def, and are easy ewnough to install!

Linux User

mysql

On my setup I sometimes get this problem. the system doesn't wait long eneough for the server to startup. with me its a timeout problem related to my external nic which connects to a cable modem. the modem is slow to boot and holds up the nic which in turn slows up mysql.
    always works, but sometimes looks like it fails.

hope that helps.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

I actually connect to the internet thru the LAN on my computer which starts up before mysql starts at boot. Is there a way to tell mysql to wait a little longer when trying to start?