Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey there everyone.. im trying to set up a web server using apache on a windows or linux(if i can get it to work) but the main problem is i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache Help

hey there everyone.. im trying to set up a web server using apache on a windows or linux(if i can get it to work) but the main problem is i know where to put my files .. but i just don know the codes i havent learnt em but i wanna try to configure it to make it possible to run a webserver.. ok well i have gone until the part which i need to configure bind.. but i have no know how or whatever.. then i need to get a static ip adderss. which i am not too sure either.. what i need is a full proof noob guide that teaches u how to set up your own webserver,dns,configuring.. i have went to the library to check up on apache but it doesnt say much.. oh yeah don call me stupid.. cos im 13 and a half.. but well just help .. PLS!

Linux User
    Hi, try this tutorial -->http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...iteConfig.html

goes through Apache, ftp, Bind, etc... should get you started.

Just Joined!
    are there anymore websites

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

r u using linux or windows

Its really easy, u need apache, its free.
    but what i need to know if u r going to use windows or linux. I belive using linux is easier and i have only been using linux for 3 weeks, but i already have up a website, a music server, and a mysql data base used to mannage music file and what ever else there is. So I just my first question is what r u using to run the server. if i could make a suggestion it would be kubuntu, or another debian release of linux.