Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all... long time since i have posted here... well i am having bit of issue with samba domain... Well i have configured samba domain controller and its working fine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Samba domain logon issues

Hi all... long time since i have posted here... well i am having bit of issue with samba domain... Well i have configured samba domain controller and its working fine no problems at all. And i had a test laptop which was added to the domain. It had a full computer name as laptop05... apparently i had another computer with the same name. I changed the computer name to laptop02.. i was able to add the computer to the domain... But now i cannot log to the domain with any user from that laptop... i type in the user name and password i get following error... PC is running XP pro sp2..

"Windows cannot connect to domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found. Please try again later......... contact your system administrator"

and when i checked the log on my server... here is what i see there.

rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c: net_auth_2(424)
    _net_auth2: creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client laptop02 machine account laptop02$

I checked on my server and password file the account is there... I am confuse Please help..
    Thanks

Its working

Never mind i got it working.... Earlier I renamed the Samba workgroup name and because of that the SambaSID got changed and all my user mapping got messed up... so i had remap that again then added my machine account and worked fine...