Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks for the help I asked about the e-mail before i had configured squid, then after i had configured it I started getting problems with the outlook. I've looked around ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thanks for the help

I asked about the e-mail before i had configured squid, then after i had configured it I started getting problems with the outlook.

I've looked around on other forums and most suggest working with iptables and setting squid up as tranparent. This might solve the problem but i still don't understand why it wont work without making any modifications to the box with the squid server.

I was'nt working with iptables to begin with. I cant access the mail only when point to my proxy. I would like to know why it does'nt work instead of just modifying what needs to be changed

Just Joined!
    Hello Lambert,

If the problem is'nt with squid, am i supposed to configure the client in another way? that is besides specifying the squid server's address

Linux Guru
    what error message does your mail client give when you try to receive mail?

Just Joined!
    The error I receive from outlook is

"unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify server information in your account"

but it works fine before the i point it to the proxy

Just Joined!

Same problem on suse

i have the same problem on suse linux i cant recive my mail nor cant i use msn for voice chat or webcam chat
    is it Iptables that messes up or is it squid
    Dafftdk

Just Joined!

webserver

soon ill have my own isp and i will hav a domain hosted. But the thing i cant figure out is why is apache server so easy versus windows.? I was told to have squid and a few other programs on the red had box. what would you guys recommend on the box and what type of computer would be recommended for a start off server.[/list]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2