Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to setup a hotspot but I'm having truble with the dhcp server setup. Now the really strange thing is the first time I set up the dhcp ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dhcpd & chillispot problem

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a hotspot but I'm having truble with the dhcp server setup.
    Now the really strange thing is the first time I set up the dhcp server it worked fine and then when I set up chillispot it stopped working or more accurtetly it doesn't read any new setting form the dhcpd.conf file.
    The server is a an ubuntu server and the dhcp server is setup tu listen on tun0 that is set up as the gateway for the local network. If I try to set up the dhcp server to listen ti eth1 while chillispot is running I get an error. But if chillispot is stopped I can run dhcp server to listen on eth1.
    Dhcp server config:
    Code:
    # DHCP for Hotspot
    subnet 192.168.182.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
    	range dynamic-bootp 192.168.182.50 192.168.182.130;
    	option domain-name-servers 192.168.182.1;
    	option domain-name "domain.loclal";
    	option routers 192.168.182.1;
    	option broadcast-address 192.168.182.255;
    	default-lease-time 600;
    	max-lease-time 7200;
    	}
    But eve thow the range is set betweene 192.168.182.50 and 192.168.182.130 clients still get IPs starting with 192.168.182.2 or .3,.4......

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Anybody?

Could the problem be that I configured eth1 so that it has an IP and the tun0 that is generated by Chillispot also has the same IP and they come into conflct?

I'm really out of ideas what could be wrong here.

Chillispot uses its own DHCP server, hence the problem you are experiencing with your dedicated DHCP server when using Chillispot.

http://www.chillispot.org/chilli.html

Looking for "chillispot dhcp" in Google you will find a lot of documentation about this, as well as proposed solutions applicable for your particular case.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Super antidrugue, as you said it's got it's own dhcp server so I just shutdown dhcp3 and it worked.

Thanks again.