Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, this is my first post, I hope that I will find the answer for my question. First sorry for my bad english. Ok, now the problem: I have added ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Samba domain logon failure from XP SP2

Hi,

this is my first post, I hope that I will find the answer for my question.
    First sorry for my bad english.

Ok, now the problem: I have added the machine user$ to domain and a user called xpuser. Now I managed to add the machine to domain, but when I try to logon the user I get a blue screen with fatal error. When I looked at log file, it say's that the logon.exe file made exception in msgina.dll.

Please help me

Linux Newbie
    that is a problem on the windows side of the equation. check to see if another XP system will do the same thing, i do not think your problem is with samba.
    Chicks dig giant mechanized war machines

Just Joined!
    msgina.dll does the "Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to begin" screen, amongst other things, I know this is not a Windows forum, but perhaps you could look at doing a system scan and also look for disk errors.

Samba didn't do this to your computer.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thx, now I know that it's not the samba, I turned off the Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the logon screen, this crash happens only with newly installed legal XP's. There are no errors on disk.
    So this is not happening on just one machine, but on all newly installed one

I was thinking that maybe it is something about profiles, something like Windows cannot load the domain profile or something like that .

The user/pwd check goes fine, after the user is accepted then the crash is happening

Any ideas?

Thx