Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody, We have around 90 mysql databases on one server, we are planning to move the databases to another server including the users . I took the backup of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

migration of mysql

Hi everybody,

We have around 90 mysql databases on one server, we are planning to move the databases to another server including the users.

I took the backup of all the databases with the mysqldump and imported on second server.

But how to take the backup of users with the same passwords and import on the second server.

Please suggest me.

Thanks Inadvance,
    Mummaneni.

I believe you need to bring the /home directory /etc/passwd directory /etc/group directory and the /etc/shadow directory.

People feel free if I forgot anything.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Newbie
    Hi Adrenaline,

Thanks for your reply.
    What you have told is for system users, but I need to move mysql database users.
    Both are different.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mummaneni.

If you do a dump of all the databases you will have the users. if you just want the users do a dump of the mysql database.

I hope that helps, sorry for the confusion
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds