Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all: I am going to use sendmail for say around 500 users and also installed dovecot as pop server. Now as I am willing to set 5MB storage for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Return Sender Quota Full mesage if users quota is full

Hi all:
    I am going to use sendmail for say around 500 users and also installed dovecot as pop server. Now as I am willing to set 5MB storage for each user and so I set quota on /var and its working just fine.
    Now say user 'A's quota is full or crossed the soft limit and user 'B' sends 'A' a mail. It doesn't give 'B' any notification of 'A's quota full state and also 'A' cant
    even know that he actually missed a mail due to his over quota state.

It gives an error like "stat=deffered" EX_TEMPFAIL in maillog file.

How to send the sender a mail if the receipt mailbox is full. I am using "procmail" as LDA.

Though when I send mail from another domain say a@yahoo.com to b@mydomain.com then a@yahoo.com gets a default mail then It failed to send the message for last 4 hours. Will try .......bla bla. Thats not what I am looking for.

Any idea please.
    Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    How often USER A gets mail??

Just Joined!
    After 4/5 hours of sending the mail. Also there is no indication of receipients mailbox full type message. Thats the default behaiviour of mail that it will try to deliver that mail for AFIK 5 days. But I am not wanting that. I want to respond immediately to sender that the receivers mailbox storage is full.

Hope I made myself clear.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close