Hi, I posted this in the Ubuntu section because that's what I'm running, but I don't think I'm going to get too much help there. I've got a problem with my SASL setup. I want users on my mailserver to be able to relay from any network, so I've been working on a SASL authentication system. I'm running a MySQL backend, and I'd like users to just reenter their credentials to relay mail. Here are the contents of my smtp.conf in my /etc/postfix/sasl directory:

pwcheck_method: pam
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
sql_engine: mysql
sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
sql_user: mail
sql_passwd: <password omitted>
sql_database: maildb
sql_select: select clear from users where id='%u@%r' and enabled = 1

Here are the contents of my /etc/pam.d/smtp:

auth reuired pam_permit.so
auth required pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=<password omitted> db=maildb table=users usercolumn=name passwdcolumn=clear crypt$

And here are the important bits of my /etc/postfix/main.cf:

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_path = /etc/postfix/sasl:/usr/lib/sasl2
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =

Whenever I try to telnet in and "auth login" with my base64 username and password, I get this error:

May 4 20:49:47 luminesce postfix/smtpd[4693]: warning: localhost[127.0.0.1]: SASL login authentication failed: authentication failure
May 4 20:50:35 luminesce postfix/smtpd[4693]: lost connection after AUTH from localhost[127.0.0.1]

The error isn't very informative, and I don't know where the problem is. Any help given would be greatly appreciated.