Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I able to log into the server but cant find the requested file in .txt format... anyone can help me? Mind to tell me what command should i use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to get or find the file from the server

Hey, I able to log into the server but cant find the requested file in .txt format... anyone can help me? Mind to tell me what command should i use it.. i need it urgently.Thanks with appreciation.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You can use "find" or "locate" to search for the file. e.g.
    Code:
    find / -name file.txt
    Code:
    locate file.txt

you may have to run "updatedb" (as root) before "locate myfile.txt" (as regular user)

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help from u all... thnks very much.. i do really appreciate it

But now. i have a really big problem... its abt my laptop...
    I'm using Toshiba Satellite A80, however, i cant really have a perfect installation on any type of linux to be installed (ubuntu, redhat, fedora) and especially booting and using the live cd.. its all the matters on PCMCIA... so how am i gonna to solve it?? i do try to disable the function of pcmcia in the bios leptop of itself.. but unfortunately thrs no pcmcia there... how am i gonna to solve this so that i can able to run the live cd and hv an installation as well in any kind of linux (packet management).
    Would u all be able to help me? Thanks for the help ya;(

You need to start a new thread as that is a completely different subject (maybe ask a mod to split this thread?)

Anywho... Not sure what issues you're talking about, can you point to a bug somewhere?