Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi to all, Can anyone tell me if I need to disregard this email? I'm using qmail by the way. Here is the error: Connected to 68.142.23.182 but greeting failed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

qmail deferred error???

Hi to all,

Can anyone tell me if I need to disregard this email? I'm using qmail by the way.

Here is the error:

Connected to 68.142.23.182 but greeting failed
    Remote host said: 421 message from (x.x.x.x) temporarily deferred -4.16.50. Please refer to (yahoo site/defer.html)
    I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

From what I understand, this means that this email is being delayed or not delivered and will retry. My queuelifetime is 28800 meaning 8 hours (am i correct). So, can anyone tell me if this is normal in qmail and just wait to retry?

I'm so sorry I'm newbie in network admninistration. Just need a confirmation and any suggestion to expert people around here

Thx :P

Hi
    Yahoo will reject mail for many reseasons
    421is given if you send to much mail at once to yahoo clients the yahoo mail server thinks your Spamming .
    Yahoo mail and Aol mail servers usually give you a web link to resolve the problem. the mesage they have given you " Please refer to (yahoo site/defer.html)"