Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am trying to install php-gd I think I have installed as I ran yum install php-gd and it said it installed it and it upgraded my php to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

php-gd

Hi
    I am trying to install php-gd

I think I have installed as I ran yum install php-gd and it said it installed it and it upgraded my php to v 5.1.6

there is no entra for the extension in my php.ini Untitled Document

I have restarted httpd and it still does not work. PHP was installed first and not compiled with the GD extension as i did not need it at the time and thought it would install now with yum ok

not to sure where to go now to get GD to work

Thanks for any help

Just Joined!

Things to look for

Here are some things to try:

First see if your install worked. You can create a php file with this function

<?php
    phpInfo();
    ?>

Run this via localhost(wwwroot) in your browser and should tell you if GD installed correctly. This will display all extensions/modules etc... that php has configured.

Second, if GD is not visible through phpinfo() try looking in your php.ini to see if the extension dir is correct. Then check to see that the the gd.so file is located in that dir. If not I suggest to reinstall.

I'm new to linux but not php, So I can only offer what I have learned so far.

Cheers