Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just got a dedicated server on 66.197.216.53, to host the domain solidos.org. I set up BIND with the DNS all ok, the domain is now pointing to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

visitors coming from nowhere?

Hello,

I just got a dedicated server on 66.197.216.53, to host the domain solidos.org. I set up BIND with the DNS all ok, the domain is now pointing to the server. But there's something very odd happening:

When checking Apache/Webalizer logs, I was surprised to see that my server (since the time it got on) was having already hundreds of visitors.

The question is: How??? From where???

On the logs, it is shown as referrers some URLs I have never heard of, most of them some forums related to the 'MU Online' gaming community. I opened those pages HTML source to see if they pointed to either the server IP address or the domain itself, but found nothing.

On search queries, it appears lots of times the query 'MU Online'. The strange thing is that querying Google for 'MU Online' doesn't get to my server.

I have never seen anything like that in my life. Any ideas?

Alberto

Just Joined!
    Ok, there is a domain incorrectly pointing to my server. Have already emailed the registrar (dot.fm), but haven't received any answer yet. Any suggestions?

Set up an adsense account in the meantime and reap the benefits

I'm not sure if there is anything you can do other than have the registrar move his domain name elsewhere.