Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys I am a newbie here and I want to know if linux can do all this under one OS like for file and mail and my e-store off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can linux do file/mail/e-store all in one?

Hi Guys
    I am a newbie here and I want to know if linux can do all this under one OS like for file and mail and my e-store off of linux or not? Thanks Tim

sure, file (samba), mail (postfix, exim, sendmail, qmail,.....many options to choose from), e-store - I am guessing you mean a website with some sort of shopping cart type stuff (apache will serve just about any content, stay way from asp to be safe). but with each added process you are adding more load. So the speed will depend on your userbase for each service and your machine specs.

Just Joined!
    well what processor speed should I get because I want to stick with AMD processors then I want to go at least 320gb in hard drive and 1gb in DDR Memory and then for my E-store its going to be oscommerce.
    Last edited by kustomjs; 08-01-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: .

os commerce will work fine on apache as long as you have php installed as well
    osCommerce Knowledge Base: Requirements

I would say process depends a lot on your userbase and the load the will put on the server.