Apache: Cannot enable mod_ssl
Hi Experts !!
This is my first mail...so..!!
I'm very new to the LAMP stack so any kind of help will be just GREAT !
ok getting straight to the problem
AIM : To install Apache with mod_ssl enabled for https communication
SO FAR : Installed Apache 2 with several compiled modules (including mod_ssl.so)
Apache 1.3 already installed before i entered the scene !
Apache 2 uses /etc/apache2/apache2.conf configuration file
php has not been installed for Apache 2
Include conf/ssl.conf line in apache2.conf
1. /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: X509_STORE_CTX_set_depth
1. cd /usr/local/apache2/modules shows
2. apache2 -l does not show mod_ssl.c
3. /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l does shows mod_ssl.c
2. On commenting out Load ssl_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so
/etc/init.d/apache2 gives :
Syntax error on line 28 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.conf
Invalid command 'SSLRandomSeed', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not inlcuded in the server configuration
3. On commenting out 'SSLRandomSeed' /etc/init.d/apache2 gives :
( 9 8 )Address already in use: make_sock : could not bind to address 127.0.0.1:80 no listening sockets available , shutting down
Unable to open logs
4. On starting apache 2 server with apache2ctl start and then performing /etc/init.d/apache2 start i get
Syntax error on line 64 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.conf
Invalid command 'SSLPassPhraseDialog', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not inlcuded in the server configuration
1. apache2ctl starts the server (apache 2 hopefully) which i verified by looking at the output of netstat -ln | grep LISTEN
i might be missing something really stupid..but ive been working on this since 2 weeks and still haven't got it up and running....:(...made lots of changes...but nothing worked...the only good outcome of this entire process is tht i know my config file on the tip of my tongue !!
I really dont expect a spoon fed solution...just a direction...cuz know now where to go :(
Thanks a lot for reading this...
Apache : Cannot enable mod_ssl
is there anyone who can help me ??
i really cant figure out where to head....should i recompile apache2 ? i really dont see a problemt in the compilation...there's just some small setting that i dont know abt...
Any kind of help will be really appreciated...
Thanks a ton...