FTP (vsftpd) users config question
I believe I'm close to my goal. But I'm missing something.
I know how to create users, to access their apache directories. My problem is creating 2 or more users to access the same directory - and have permissions to modify files with their ftp clients.
So far, multi-user accounts can view the same directory, but they cannot upload anything.
Here's the breakdown of what I've done.
1. I've chown'd apache.apache to the directory I am using: /var/www/html/mysite.com
#chown -R apache.apache /var/www/html/mysite.com/
2. I created 2 new ftp users, and :
#useradd george -d /var/www/html/mysite.com/
#useradd johnny -d /var/www/html/mysite.com/
3. Added the new users in the chroot_list
4. Ensured the new users only have specific access to /var/www/html/mysite.com/
george: x :558:559::/var/www/html/mysite.com:sbin/nologin
johnny: x :559:560::/var/www/html/mysite.com:sbin/nologin
(as I understand "sbin/nologin" ensures this)
5. I assigned the new users to the apache group
apache: x :48:root,george,johnny
6. restarted the service
#service vsftpd restart
So far, everythings good to go, except I cannot modify files with these new users. But, I can see all the files just fine.
Do I have a missing step somewhere? Does something need to be changed in the vsftpd.conf file?
Any help would be awesome!