Last week I managed set up a basic webserver and now its not working
I would really appreciate someones help.
Last week I managed set up a basic webserver using Fedora Core 3 and Apache. In my wisdom I decided to install Fedora Core 4 and Apache using the same settings I did in Fedora Core 3 and guess what its not working now lol. I would like to know where I am going wrong or there is anything else I need to set up again. This is my set up I hope it is clear enough and I am sure this is what I did last time when it worked.
1) I have registered a domain name at dyndns.org inside the control panel the domain name is pointing at my wan ip address.
I have checked my ip against the one dyndns.org and they are both the same.
2) Apache has been started and is running when I enter 192.168.1.3 in my browser it takes me to the default Apache page.
Inside my http.conf I have set listen to 192.168.1.3:80 I have saved this stopped Apache and restarted Apache
I have not changed anything else in the http.conf file apart from this.
3) I have set my router to forward on port 80 to the ipaddress of this machine which is 192.168.1.3
4) I have turned off SELINUX whatever this is, excuse my ignorance im still learning Linux
5) My firewall is enabled in Fedora
6) I have been to a few websites to scan my ports and they are all saying that Port 80 is open which means my IP is not blocking it.
7) I have set up my hosts file and added the line
Last week the above set up worked a treat, when I asked people to test my domain name they where being taken to default Apache page. I also checked my Apache logs and saw the different IP addresses.
Nothing works this time around. I cannot understand where I am going wrong. Your help and advice would be really appreciated. Am I missing something out here.