Ive spent a few hours today getting my first server installed and running with my websites. These are the packages i currently have installed:
I'm looking to turn this into a mail server as well but i haven't found a good tutorial on how to go about what i need, here are those requirements:
- I am hosting multiple domains and would like the be able to host separate email accounts for each domain
- Have external access so i can use the mail servers and their ports for the respected services so i can use the server with programs like outlook
- pop3, imap and smtp services
- webmail as a subdomain eg. mail.boone-duden.com is the
- webmail for boone-duden
- Separate logins for email than the accounts on the machine
The big problem for me is that i cant find a good tutorial that shows how to do the separate domains, one is no problem multiple is an issue.
any help or any good starting point would be helpful.
I found this tutorial "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Debian Squeeze)" and will try and work through it tomorrow, wish me luck! (cant post links)