newbie setting up sendmail using address mapping
A question regarding email forwarding using sendmail.
Basically moving from one host to another, so required to set up email server on new server to be able to email forward.
emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to my new server (Server A) then server A would forward these emails to external email address email@example.com
1. So far, somedomain.com mx record points to Server A.
2. Sendmail was installed with webmin.
3. add Feature FEATURE(`virtusertable')dnl to Sendmail M4 Configuration
4. rebuild sendmail configuration
5. restart sendmail
6. added email forwarding in sendmail Address Mappings. i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com
However, when I check my hotmail inbox where firstname.lastname@example.org is forwarded to,
the to adress is email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org
how can i make it that the to address is the address using the correct domain name and not the server name.
Furthermore, the server will be used to forward emails for several domains as it is a shared server for several clients. Therefore, the to address should be the correct domain where the email was sent.
Any help would be appreicated.
Re: newbie setting up sendmail using address mapping
do masquerade in your mc file and m4