online file repository w/ hierarchical user access/auth
i have 2 needs & hope 1 FLOSS solution will meet them both:
- share spreadsheets online as follows:
- users in grp A can edit/view/have full access privileges to all files & folders. by edit i mean they edit locally & it auto syncs w/ online version or they edit online (like google docs).
- users in grp B have full access rights to only folders 2 & 3 (not 1).
- users in grps C, D, E can only view files/folders.
- users in grp C can view files/folders that grp D & E can view. but grps D & E cant see ea others' files/folders.
- user X can only view file Y in folder 2 (user level permissions is not mandatory; i can make 1 grp for ea user & manage permissions only on a grp basis if need be.)
- fill in an online inspection form which
- will have drop down lists, check boxes, open text boxes for typing notes, etc.
- saves the data in a spreadsheet or dbase so managers can make charts/graphs & other data analysis tools.
- users in grp A can view/edit/delete/full access permissions to ALL data/forms.
- users in grp B can only view/edit/delete their own submissions, not those of other users.
- users in grp C & D & E can only view inspection forms. they need to view in a visually appealing layout (PDF or webpage or whatever).
- grp C can view everything grp D & E views, but D & E are exclusive of ea other (grp D cant view grp E's forms & vice versa).
so thats basically what i need. the similarities btwn the 2 needs are obvious, so i suspect 1 solution will suffice? it will all run on ubuntu servers probably.
obviously, ask questions for clarifications etc. my lingo & explanations are not the best, i'm sure, but i will do my best to explain what i want. & i am open to using multiple solutions for different functions (but prefer 1 complete pkg solution).
any advise, guidance, links, tips, referrals, projects, apps, online services, etc are all welcome. all locally installed solutions must be entirely FLOSS.
& apologies if this was the wrong place to post this.