Squid proxy - poor efficiency
I've set up Squid on our local network about 8 months ago. Our users do a LOT of web browsing in their line of work. Having went through various squid efficiency and performance guides, I set it up for what I at the time assumed was the best efficiency.
However, I checked the logs recently with an efficiency analyzer, and discovered that only 7% of all LAN browsing traffic were hits and come from the cache, the other 93% were all misses and came directly from the Internet itself.
Would it help if I post my version of the squid config file here? Maybe you guys can make a few suggestions based on that?